Workforce Internship Program
Launch Our Students to Success
The Chandler Chamber Foundation Workforce Readiness Internship Program
The Chandler Chamber Foundation fosters collaborative dialogue among businesses, educational institutions, and public community partners. This ongoing conversation revolves around addressing the workforce requirements of our businesses and exploring opportunities to bolster educators, students, and families, contributing to the development of a robust talent pipeline.
This Workforce Readiness Internship Program is designed to bridge the gap between students and the professional world. Businesses are encouraged to host a(n) intern and help students succeed in their future endeavors while businesses are simultaneously developing their talent pipeline.
The program aims to provide students with hands-on experience in their chosen career fields, fostering a skilled and knowledgeable workforce while offering businesses the opportunity to cultivate and assess potential future talent.
Students may range from high school to college and beyond, depending on what age limit is suitable for your internship program.
Benefits of Participating in the Workforce Internship Program
Interns can gain a lot of experience from an internship and companies can also benefit through:
- Building Your Talent Pipeline
- Engaging in the Community
- Developing Workforce Ready Skills in Students
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Enhancement
- Fresh Perspectives
By hosting an intern, companies can actively contribute to the development of the future workforce while reaping the benefits of an engaged and skilled talent pool. Some of those benefits include.
Aspects of a Successful Internship Program
- Meaningful Projects and Tasks: Interns should have hands-on exposure to a career they could do in the future and/or an environment they may work in.
- Clear Learning Objectives: A successful internship program should have well-defined learning objectives that align with both the company's needs and the interns' educational goals -- a mutually beneficial experience.
- Structured Onboarding and Training: A brief onboarding process and ongoing training sessions help interns acclimate to the company culture, understand their roles, and acquire the necessary skills for success.
- Mentorship and Feedback: Assigning experienced employees as mentors provides interns with guidance and support. Regular feedback sessions help interns understand their strengths, areas for improvement, and overall progress, enhancing their professional development. Depending on the age of the intern, there may be a need to coach them on soft skills -- dress, business etiquette, behavior, etc.
1 Photo Courtesy City of Chandler